do you want to contribute and get involved? Here are some ideas to get you started.
- How have you defined your identity? What events in your life helped you get there?
- What are some of the biggest struggles you face as a South Asian American? What are some of your favorite parts about being a South Asian American?
- What are your thoughts on cultural appropriation? Does it piss you off?
- Do you believe South Asian Americans are being portrayed well in media? Why or why not?
- How does the combination of your gender/race/sexuality/class/ability (intersectionality) affect the amount of power you hold?
- Working on a business? Tell us more about why you are passionate about it.
- Is there a piece of art that really speaks to you? Showcase it here!
- Do you have any reviews on any tv shows or movies you've seen? We would love to showcase your reviews.
- Working on any music of visual media that speaks to your identity? PLEASE SHARE!
- Like to dance? Bollywood, Hip Hop, or Bharatanatyam? Tell us why. Or better yet, send us a video.
- Does one bite of grandmother's chicken curry transport you back to the happiest times of your life? Tell us why, and send us a recipe.
- How does food play a role in defining your identity?